Dive Course Terms & Conditions
Dive Ski & Surf Supplies Learning Agreement
At Dive Ski & Surf Supplies we offer all levels of PADI dive courses from the fundementals of Open Water to becoming a Dive Master to ensure you obtain the highest standard of diving recognition that is recognised around the world.
Like any form of learning, you’ll need to invest some time into reading and studying and to complete this course. This learning agreement is between you (the student), and DIVE SKI & SURF SUPPLIES PTY LTD (DSS), and outlines the responsibilities and terms and conditions in your training program.
DSS has been certifying safe and competent divers since 1984 and safety is our utmost importance to ensure divers not only complete their courses safely but have the knowledge and experience to go on into the professional diving industry with confidence. These terms and conditions are to ensure (the student), is aware of your responsibilities and the responsibilities of the instructor (DSS) and by signing this agreement (ticking the box to have read the terms and conditions when you book online or, sign our course agreement in-store), you acknowledge and agree to these terms and conditions outlined by (DSS) and agree to commence the dive course with us.
1.0 Student Responsibilities
The student agrees to the following course requirements and responsibilities:
- Watch, read and complete all physical or online study material assigned in the course.
- Complete and submit all assigned knowledge reviews (Before course commences)
- 100% attendance for the duration of the course.
- Follow all course procedures and directions as set forth by the instructor
- Arrive for all sessions on time
- Must be fit to dive for the duration of the course. i.e. no drinking or use of other substances that will inhibit you to dive
Completing the course demonstrates that the diver is confident enough to dive without supervision and has adhered to the standards and requirements set by PADI and DSS.
Non – Participating parties, relatives or partners WILL NOT be allowed to join students on a course at any time unless pre-arranged by the certifying instructor.
FAILURE TO COMPLETE ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS COULD RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE COURSE AND TO CONTINUE, A $100 RE-BOOKING FEE APPLIES.
2.0 Cancellations & Fees
If the student has failed to complete and turn in assigned work and/or the student fails to arrive on time, it may be necessary for the student to re-sit the class at a later date. In the event of re-sitting a class, the student will be responsible for any additional costs for inconvenience this causes. In scheduling and determining additional costs, Dive Ski & Surf agrees to give every reasonable consideration to unforeseen events, such as family emergencies. There are some instances where a student may have to incur additional fees. These fees may apply for the following events:
CANCELLATION POLICY & FEES
- $100 Re-booking fee will apply for non-compliance of the responsibilities of the student listed above, which results in the transfer from one course to another.
- $100 cancellation fee will be charged when students fail to give 48 hours notice in writing prior to the commencement of their course.
- $100 Re-booking fee will apply where a student removes themselves voluntarily and wishes to be rescheduled at a later date for any reason that is not included in section (4) of terms.
- If a student removes themselves from a course because a partner, friend or spouse are unable to make the course for any reason other than failing a diving medical which MUST be notified no less than 1 week prior to course commencement.
- Should a student begin a course with Dive, Ski & Surf Supplies and for any medical reason cannot continue with the course. They will ONLY be refunded $150.00 upon confirmation and presentation of a dive specific doctors’ medical certificate.
3.0 Refund Policy
To be eligible for a refund, you must supply Dive Ski & Surf Supplies with (either) of the following;
- To be eligible for a full refund, you must supply Dive Ski & Surf Supplies with a certified dive specific doctors’ certificate stating you are permanently unfit to dive PRIOR to course commencement as well as not having completed the online PADI E-learning registration.
- In the event you can no longer complete your dive course due to permanent medical conditions that arise prior to the course and a Dive Specific Medical Certificate is provided that states you are permanently unfit to dive.
In the event of not being able to complete your course due to medical reasons during the duration of the course and are able to present a Dive Specific Medical Certificate, you are eligible to a refund of $150.
4.0 Dive Ski & Surf Supplies & Instructor Responsiblities:
The instructor and staff agree to:
- Start the course as scheduled
- Provide a positive learning environment in which to master course objectives.
- Assist the student through the learning challenges.
- In the event where the dive course has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances e.g. weather conditions, courses will be rescheduled at no additional cost to the student.
Dive Ski & Surf Supplies endeavours to pass all students who participate in our dive courses. Therefore, where a student is unable to meet the standards and requirements outlined above, we will offer additional training to the student to help them complete their course, until either;
a) The student masters the course objectives
b) The student voluntarily discontinues the course (The student will NOT be eligible for a refund)
Upon booking a course online and by ticking the box you are legally signing this agreement and you (the student) agrees that they have read all the terms and conditions outlined above and are committing to commence a dive course with Dive Ski & Surf Supplies PTY LTD.