Dive Course Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the PADI OPEN WATER dive course. Dive courses are meant to be fun, but like any form of learning, you’ll need to invest some time into reading and studying. This learning agreement is between you (the student), and DIVE SKI & SURF SUPPLIES staff, regarding our mutual responsibilities in your training program. Dive Ski’s reputation for certifying safe and competent divers is well known in the industry since 1969. We want to keep it that way and you can help us do that by following and completing each step of this learning agreement.
The student agrees to study independently as specified by the instructor .In general this means that before the first session, the student will:
- WATCH ALL 5 MODULES OF THE PADI OPEN WATER COURSE DVD’S
- READ THE APPROPRIATE ASSIGNED COURSE MANUAL SECTION AND COMPLETE THE QUICK QUIZ QUESTIONS
- COMPLETE THE 5 MODULAR KNOWLEDGE REVIEWS – THESE MUST BE
- COMPLETED AND HANDED IN AT THE START OF THE COURSE.
- GIVE 100% ATTENDANCE FOR THE COURSE, PUNCTUALLITY IS VERY IMPORTANT
- FAILURE TO COMPLETE ANY OF THESE SECTIONS WILL MEAN IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE COURSE AND A RE-BOOKING FEE $100 WILL APPLY.
In addition, the student agrees to:
- Follow all course procedures as set forth by the instructor.
- Ask any questions about anything not understood.
- Arrive for all sessions on time and be prepared as requested by your instructor.
If the student arrives at class, but has failed to complete and turn in assigned work, or if the student fails to arrive on time, it may be necessary to make up the work and continue the class at a later date. The student will be responsible for any additional costs for inconvenience this causes. In scheduling and determining additional costs, Dive Ski & Surf agrees to give every reasonable consideration to unforseen events, such as family emergencies. There are some instances where a student may have to incur additional fees. These occasions are:
- A $100 Re-booking fee will apply for non-compliance of these responsibilities resulting in the transfer from one course to another.
- A $100 booking cancellation fee will be charged when students fail to turn up on the agreed date of commencement of their course with less than 48 hours notice.
- A $100 re booking fee will apply where a student removes themselves voluntarily and wishes to be rescheduled at a later date for any reason.
- Non – Participating parties, relatives or partners will not be allowed to join students on a course at any time unless pre-arranged by the certifying instructor.
- If a student removes themselves from a course because a partner, friend or spouse are unable to make the course for any reason other than failing a diving medical which MUST be notified no less than 1 week prior to course commencement.
Instructors / Staff Responsibilities
- The course instructor and staff agree to:
- Start the course as scheduled
- provide a positive learning environment in which to master course objectives.
- Answer the students to the best of their ability.
- Assist the student through the learning challenges.
If the student completes all course assigned tasks, arrives on time for class and follows directions given by the instructor and this learning agreement, DIVE SKI & SURF accepts responsibility for learning challenges course objectives must be met before the student is certified. If the situation arises where a student is unable to meet the required standards we will offer additional training at no extra cost to the student until a) the student masters the course objectives or b) the student voluntarily discontinues the course. Remember, signing up for a course does not guarantee certification. Dive Ski & Surf”s instructional staff will only pass students who meet the requirements of the course and show that they are confident enough to dive without supervision. This is for your safety and the safety of other divers.
The following terms you are eligible for a refund:
- In writing you must cancel your course a minimum of 7 days prior to the course date.
- In the event that you cannot do your course due to medical reasons, you must provide a Medical Certificate to say you are permanently unfit to dive.